
MAM’s THE WORD…
“Himanshu come up here
Don’t be afraid my boy”
Trembling I went upstage
Shaking like a spring toy!
When I looked ahead of me
All I saw was a scary crowd
I stood there to recite my rhyme
But then silence felt too loud!
Nervous, sweaty &scared
I turned and looked behind
There she stood in silent support
I had a notion less blank mind
She said, “You can do it
And if not you, no one”
It pushed me through, I did it
And since then its been fun
She my Teacher, my mentor
Had so many lives to steer
And yet she was so simply great
We all fought out our fear
When she had said her wish
We felt her hearty trust
And we faired out of problems
As she had thought we must
You helped me talk and dream
And then how to justify
My words and my ambitions
Which I wanted to satisfy
You pulled me out of the troubles
And nurtured me throughout
You treated your son the same way
I swear ‘Mam’ I don’t doubt
All that I’ll achieve ahead
Is a secret gift from you
I’ am glad I had u mam
Wish all were blessed not few
You pointed out my drawbacks
You patted my back for ‘good’
I see those times just flash by
I would live them if I could
Your teaching, preaching, blessing
In anger your class walkouts
Pampering us when emotional
And those professional shouts
I can’t repay your favours
It’s godly what you have done
I’ll always be your dear student
And you’ll be my second “Mum”
SHAHISM
No comments:
Post a Comment